This issue can happen when you update Norton. To fix and set up the issue, restart your computer.
Fix and setup issues opening Norton for Window
Follow these steps:
- Exit all the programs which opened on your monitor.
- Restart your computer.
- If the issue persists, go to Step 2.
- If you have Norton Family setup installed, uninstall it. And then run the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool.
- Download the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool on your computer.
- Save the file to the Windows desktop. On some browsers, the file is automatically saved to its default location that is Download folder.
- To open the Downloads window in your browser, press the Ctrl + J key.
- Double-click the NRnR icon.
- Read the license agreement, and click Agree.
- Click Remove & Reinstall.
- You may see the Remove button if your Norton product is from your service provider.
- Click Continue or Remove.
- And then click on Restart Now.
After the computer restarts, follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton.
Fix and setup issues opening Norton for Mac
To fix and setup this issue, close all the open applications, and then restart the Mac.
After you restart the Mac, if the issue persists, uninstall Norton using RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool and reinstall it.
- Download the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip file.
- Click the Finder icon in the Dock to be in the Finder.
- On the menu bar, click Go > Downloads to go to the Downloads folder.
- In the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder, control-click the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.command file, and then click Open with > Terminal (default).
- If you see a prompt that the tool is from an unidentified developer, click Open to continue.
- In the Terminal window, type your administrator password, and then press return.
When you type your password, no characters appear.
- To remove all Symantec files and folders, type 1.
If you want to quit RemoveSymantecMacFiles without removing any files, type 2.
- Press return.RemoveSymantecMacFiles removes all of the Symantec files.
- When the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool finishes removing the Symantec files, in the Terminal window, type y, and press return to restart your Mac.
Before you press return, make sure you save your work in other open applications.